Friday, March 18, 2011

Highly Recommended Reading

This morning I finished reading The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz. It was one of the best books I have read in a long time. It was truly fascinating to read this incredible story of survival. If you are at all interested in wilderness survival this is the book for you. Read it, you won't be disappointed. There are many things to be gleaned from this story. It is an excellent example of what the will to live looks like in action.
I'm not going to give a summary of the book, but I will say that it did not become gripping until they escaped from the prison camp, so stick with it. There I didn't ruin it for you. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll second Caleb's recommendation - it's a very good book.

    All the best

    Paul

    http://paulkirtley.co.uk

    ReplyDelete