Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Four Stick Fire



The Four Stick Fire is a fire that I have been messing around with for quite some time. I found it slightly tricky, but as you can see from the pictures, I finally got one to turn out okay.(Sorry about the quality of the pictures, the smoke was very nasty.) If you've watched the South Dakota episode of Man vs. Wild then you've probably seen this fire before. That's what got me wanting to try this particular fire.


Pros-

  • You can easily boil water in a metal container on top of the four green sticks.
  • Grilling wouldn't be to bad to do in the same fashion as the water.

Cons-

  • This is a real pain (literally) to light.
  • I didn't think it did a very good job at putting out much heat.
  • It's somewhat of a hassle to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment